Monday, January 26, 2015

Mommy moments

Feeling like a Mother happened immediately. The day our son was born I knew I would love him forever. These first eight and a half weeks have been increasingly amazing and the love I feel for this boy is deeper and stronger than I ever felt possible: I could burst! Motherhood was a natural transition, definitely one that came with new responsibilities including diaper changes, nap schedules and feedings, but it was natural. Being a Mommy is different though, it’s a whole new level of love that I didn't think possible. 

God had a grand plan when he orchestrated the change a woman feels when she becomes a mother and I am so thankful for that. I think he gave us the ability to respond to our baby’s needs without batting an eye and at the perfect moments He rewards us with the "Mommy moments." Those moments, the few I’ve had so far, are the most precious gifts I’ve ever received.

The sweetness of having our son look me in the eyes for the first time, really noticing and reacting to me (for more than two seconds), with a smile across his perfect mouth made me feel like a Mommy through and through. I was communicating with my son and he was understanding. The first time he turned his head towards the sound of my voice I was amazed. I thank God every day for each little “Mommy moment!” 

I fall asleep every night looking forward to the next day with my boy. Each day is better than the last.



No comments:

Post a Comment